TfA Project Group is currently seeking an Architectural Technician / Building Designer with experience in the design of retail, commercial and industrial developments to join our expert project delivery team. This is a permanent position, available immediately and will see you working with a group of enthusiastic and capable professionals. The position is available in our office located in Chatswood, Sydney.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Architectural Technician / Building Designer who has proven experience in communicating with an array of clients & client representatives, developing project briefs, and developing design packages ranging from concept through to construction. The successful applicant will be exposed to all facets of design relating to commercial and retail project developments predominantly associated with service station and related mixed use retail developments. Although the successful applicant will be based in Sydney with significant local support, he/she will formally report to TFA’s Principal Architect based in Brisbane.
The duties also include:
- Design & Documentation in AutoCAD and Revit;
- Liaison with internal stakeholders and at times clients, authorities, sub-consultants and contractors to deliver project requirements;
- Reporting specific project status to internal project managers or leads.
- Reporting workload, specific project design process & outcomes, & milestone document issues to TFA’s Principal Architect.
- Site Layout Design – placement of built form with consideration of client direction, council requirements, light & heavy vehicle circulation & swept paths, and other contextual elements;
- Building Design in 2D – floor planning with consideration of client direction, placement of equipment and floor furnishings, DDA compliance, circulation space, workflow and customer movement.
- Building Design in 3D – the design of built form which considers client direction, BCA/NCC requirements, the, integration of other design disciplines, such as structural, MEH etc, & lastly, a passion for dynamic & engaging contemporary architecture.
- Managing your time and workload to enable efficient delivery of project work;
- Working in a national, multidisciplinary team to deliver projects efficiently meeting budget and quality requirements.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong AutoCAD and REVIT drafting skills
- Tertiary qualifications in architecture or building design – i.e. Bachelor/Masters of Architecture or Diploma Building Design (or equivalent qualification)
- Sound understanding of construction principles and methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of the BCA/NCC and DDA compliance
- A minimum of 3 years’ industry experience
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written), in particular high level of technical writing ability (professional emails, letters and reports)
- A “can do” attitude and ability to multi-task/diversify (if required) toward areas such as basic project administration/management.
Experience in the following areas is essential:
- Autodesk AutoCAD (recent versions up to and including 2021);
- Revit Design Suite (recent versions up to and including 2021);
- Building modelling
- Architectural/building detailing
- An ability to interpret and integrate civil/structural/electrical/mechanical & hydraulic designs into design documentation;
- Has proven experience developing projects from concept design through to construction packages;
- Experience within commercial/retail building industry.
Experience in the following areas ideal but not essential:
- Experience with Autotrack vehicle swept path software
- Experience with Enscape 3D rendering software
- Experience within the fuel/energy industry would be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will require:
- Responsive interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and good self-motivation
- Ability to work autonomously and be highly productive
- Team player attitude and experience with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to deliver multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner
Salary & Conditions:
Your salary will be negotiated depending on your experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter addressed to the General Manager and attach your CV/resume via Seek.