TfA Project Group currently seeks a Junior Project Manager with experience in the design and building industry to join our expert project delivery team. This is a permanent position with an immediate start and will see you working with a group of enthusiastic and capable professionals in town planning, design, engineering and project management. The position is available in our head office located in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane.
The role will be focussed on assisting the delivery of fuel & energy retail development projects (service stations), as well as other general retail and commercial projects such as shopping centres, childcare centres, and other multi-retail development projects.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys developing client relationships
- Has a proven ability to work with and coordinate a team of design and engineering professionals
- Takes pride in delivering projects on time and on budget
- Is committed to long term employment within an organisation
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting our Project Managers to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Reviewing design packages to confirm scope requirements
- Preparing fee proposals and monitoring the financial performance of projects
- Liaising and negotiating with clients, stakeholders, suppliers and sub-consultants as required
- Assisting with the preparation and review of project documentation including tender documents, project specifications, scope of works documents and design drawing packages
- Sourcing quotes and preparing tender documentation packages – i.e formal scope of works, contracts, etc.
- Preparation of application forms for any statutory authorities (e.g. Council, private certifier) and/or utility service providers (e.g. NBN, Energex, QUU etc.) for relevant development & building approvals
- Contract administration
- On-site inspections and preparation of inspection reports
- Prepare project status and project cost reports
- Supporting the TfA Project Team in the delivery of projects meeting quality requirements
The successful applicant will ideally:
- Be self-motivated, with very good communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Have excellent communication skills in English (oral and written), demonstrating a high level of technical writing ability (reports, professional emails and letters)
- Have a tertiary qualification related to project coordination / management within a design or building environment
- Be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Competency in Microsoft Project would be highly regarded
- Have 1-3 years’ experience in a role that has demonstrated a knowledge base in construction -principles, design principles, building approval/compliance, project lifecycle management, site construction practices and safety procedures etc.
- Previous experience in contract management and contract negotiations on variations, extensions of time, payment claims etc.
- Experience within the fuel/energy industry and commercial/retail building industry would be highly regarded
- Have an Australian driver’s license and their own vehicle for travel
Salary & Conditions
Your salary will be negotiated depending on your experience
To apply for this position, please attach a cover letter addressed to the General Manager and your CV/resume via Seek