TfA Project Group is a highly experienced and specialised engineering services company providing solutions for the renewable energy and biofuels, downstream oil, retail fuel and convenience, and dangerous goods industries. We have offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth and have an extensive range of project management, planning, engineering design and construction management capabilities.
With our origins in the oil industry; we have expanded to other sectors, including mining, dangerous goods, defence and clean energy, which includes biofuels, hydrogen, and waste to energy technology.
We are currently seeking an experienced a Mechanical / Chemical Engineer with relevant industry experience to join our office in Docklands, Melbourne.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Project Managers to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Project Engineering functions such as the preparation of project documentation such as tender documents, project specifications, scope of works documents and design drawing packages.
- Performing and documenting engineering calculations such as hydraulic modelling, surge analysis, stress analysis, equipment sizing and datasheets
- Preparation and review of User Specifications, PFD’s, P&ID’s
- Attendance at design reviews and HAZOP’s
- Liaison with other discipline engineers to ensure that our designs are fully integrated and compliant with client and project specific requirements
- Liaison and negotiation with clients, authorities, suppliers and sub-consultants as required
The successful applicant will:
- Have a bachelor degree qualification in mechanical or chemical (degree recognised by Engineers Australia) with up to 5 years experience
- Be able to demonstrate experience in applicable technical calculations, design and equipment selection
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of technical writing skills (experience writing documentation at the different stages of a project would be highly regarded)
- Be self-motivated and proactive in seeking completion of project milestones
- Have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Possess a systematic and analytical approach and have a high regard for accuracy
- Be able to work autonomously and be highly productive
- Be able to demonstrate excellent work ethic with an attention to detail and desire to produce high quality deliverables
Prior experience working in multi-disciplinary design and engineering consultancies will be highly regarded.
Salary & conditions:
Your salary will be negotiated depending on your experience.
To apply for this position, please attach a cover letter addressed to the General Manager and your CV/resume via Seek