TfA Project Group are currently seeking a Project Manager/Engineer with minimum 5 years’ experience in retail petroleum / service station development to join our expert project delivery team. This is a permanent position, available immediately and will see you working with a group of enthusiastic and capable professionals. The position is available in our Sydney office located in Chatswood, however will cover projects all across NSW and the ACT.
The role will be predominately focussed on assisting with the delivery of fuel & energy retail development projects (service stations), as well as other general retail and industrial projects such as industrial subdivisions, warehousing, fast food retailing.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys developing client relationships
- Has a proven ability to work with and coordinate a team of design and engineering professionals
- Takes pride in delivering projects on time and on budget
- Has a proven track record of taking initiative and ownership in driving client and project solutions
- Is committed to long term employment within an organisation
This role will see you overseeing a range of projects ranging in scale and value. Reporting to the Director – Retail Projects, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Review clients’ scope of work and determine project deliverable requirements
- Preparing fee proposals and monitoring the financial performance of projects
- Liaising and negotiating with clients, suppliers and sub-consultants as required
- Management of the development of design documentation (drawings) by the broader TfA design team ensuring consistency with the design brief and other influencing requirements – such as DA conditions.
- Review and check design drawings and documentation
- Preparation of tender documentation packages – i.e formal scope of works, contracts, etc.
- Preparation of application forms for any statutory authorities (e.g. Council, private certifier) and/or utility service providers (e.g. NBN, AusGrid, etc.) for relevant development & building approvals
- Acting as / managing contracts through construction – i.e. superintendent role
- Prepare project status and project cost reports
- Supporting the TfA Project Team in the delivery of projects meeting quality requirements
The successful applicant will ideally:
- Be self-motivated, with very good communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Have excellent communication skills in English (oral and written), in particular demonstrating a high level of technical writing ability (reports, professional emails and letters)
- Have a degree qualification in one of the following: Civil, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Construction Management or similar degree discipline
- Be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Competency in Microsoft Project would be highly regarded
- Have minimum 5 years’ experience in a role that has demonstrated a knowledge base in construction principles, design principles, building approval/compliance, site construction practices and safety procedures etc.
- Previous experience in contract management and contract negotiations on variations, extensions of time, payment claims etc.
- Experience within the fuel/energy industry and commercial/retail building industry would be highly regarded
Salary & Conditions
Your salary will be negotiated depending on your experience
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter addressed to the General Manager and attach your CV/resume via Seek.