TfA Project Group are currently seeking a Project Manager with minimum 5 years’ experience in the retail/industrial development to join our expert project delivery team. This is a permanent position, available immediately and will see you working with a group of enthusiastic and capable professionals. The position is available in our Sydney office located in Chatswood.
The role will be predominately focussed on assisting with the delivery of fuel & energy retail development projects (service stations), as well as other general retail and industrial projects such as industrial subdivisions, warehousing, and fast food retailing.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys developing client relationships
- Has a proven ability to work with and coordinate a team of design and engineering professionals
- Is versatile and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously of varying scope and program
- Takes pride in delivering projects on time and on budget
- Has a proven track record of taking initiative and ownership in driving client and project solutions
- Is committed to long term employment within an organisation
This role will see you overseeing a range of projects ranging in scale and value. Reporting to the Director – Retail Projects, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review of our clients’ scope of work and determine project deliverable requirements
- Preparing fee proposals and monitoring the financial performance of projects
- Liaising and negotiating with clients, stakeholders, suppliers and sub-consultants as required
- Management of the development of design documentation (drawings) by the broader TfA design team ensuring consistency with the design brief and other influencing requirements – such as DA conditions.
- Review and check design drawings and documentation
- Sourcing quotes and preparing tender documentation packages – I.e formal scope of works, contracts, etc.
- Preparation of application forms for any statutory authorities (e.g. Council, private certifier) and/or utility service providers (e.g. NBN, AusGrid, etc.) for relevant development & building approvals
- Contract administration and superintendency throughout construction
- On-site inspections and preparation of inspection reports
- Prepare project status and project cost reports
- Supporting the TfA Project Team in the delivery of projects meeting quality requirements
The successful applicant will ideally:
- Be self-motivated, with very good communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Have excellent communication skills in English (oral and written), in particular demonstrating a high level of technical writing ability (reports, professional emails and letters)
- Have a degree qualification in one of the following: Civil, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Construction Management or similar degree discipline
- Be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Competency in Microsoft Project would be highly regarded
- Have minimum 5 years’ experience in a role that has demonstrated a knowledge base in construction principles, design principles, building approval/compliance, project lifecycle management, site construction practices and safety procedures etc.
- Previous experience in contract management and contract negotiations on variations, extensions of time, payment claims etc.
- Experience within the fuel/energy industry and commercial/retail building industry would be highly regarded
- Have an Australian driver’s license and their own vehicle for travel
Salary & Conditions
Your salary will be negotiated depending on your experience
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter addressed to the General Manager and attach your CV/resume via Seek.