TfA Project Group are currently seeking a Structural Engineer with experience in the design of commercial, industrial and/or residential developments to join our expert project delivery team. This is a permanent position, available immediately and will see you working with a group of enthusiastic and capable professionals. The position is available in our head office located in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane.
The role will be focussed on the design of fuel, energy and industrial development projects, as well as other general retail and commercial projects such as shopping centres, childcare centres, and multi-retail development projects.
- Preparation of sketches and concept designs
- Design and detailing of foundations systems
- Design and detailing of industrial, commercial and retail buildings (low rise predominantly)
- Briefing /reviewing drafters
- Review and approval of shop fabrication drawings
- Undertaking of construction inspections
- Preparation of cost estimates and reports
- Liaison with clients, authorities and sub-consultants
- Assisting project managers/engineers in the delivery of projects and/or assume the role of project engineer when required
- Minimum 5 years consultancy experience as a structural design engineer in Australia
- Experience across steel, concrete and masonry systems to Australian Standards
- Conversant with Spacegass, Limcon, Inducta or similar software packages
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written), in particular a high level of technical writing ability (reports, professional emails and letters)
- Ability to work autonomously and be highly productive
- Team player. Experience with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to deliver multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner
- Open drivers licence
This role will see you working with a group of enthusiastic and capable engineers in an enjoyable atmosphere. Benefits include:
- Relaxed and professional environment at our newly refurbished Brisbane Office
- Excellent salary and conditions
- Involvement in interesting projects for our high profile clients.
Salary & Conditions:
Your salary will be negotiated depending on your experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter addressed to the General Manager and attach your CV/resume via Seek.