As a consequence of the construction of the new Cruise Ship Terminal at Eagle Farm, Neumann Petroleum lost access to their wharf facility. A new 4.6km long wharf line was required to access an alternative grains wharf at Pinkenba.
TFA were responsible for developing the pipeline route concept, detailed design and project management.
A tight timetable due to the impending cruise ship terminal removing access to the existing wharf and hundreds of existing services crossings which required interfacing with numerous private and public pipeline operators including Queensland Rail and Queensland Motorways regarding passing beneath the Gateway Bridge. The pipeline also had to be piggable.
- Assistance with statutory approvals for pipeline corridor including hundreds of service crossings, multiple property boundaries and liaison with Brisbane City Council, Port of Brisbane and Qld Govt Hazard Industries and Chemicals Branch.
- Preliminary design and construction cost estimate
- Detailed design
- Tendering and procurement
- Construction welding supervision, engineering compliance inspections and review of contractor submitted documentation
- P&ID’s, Hydraulic modelling
- Pipeline burial details
- Mechanical design of piping
- Fire fighting design
- Engineering specifications
- Equipment schedules and material take-offs
- Hazardous Area Classification